Cheap Eats & One Dish Meals
It can be tough to eat well on a student budget, check out Cheap Eats - it is possible to save money and eat well!
Top 10 Easy and Inexpensive Meal Ideas
1) Scrambled eggs, whole grain toast, fresh fruit
2) Easy Mexican Beans in a wrap
3) Pita pizza – make a pizza on top of whole wheat pita bread with your favorite fixings
4) Peanut butter and banana on whole grain toast with a glass of milk
5) Tuna/salmon melt – Mix canned tuna or salmon with about 1 Tbsp mayo. Spread on top of whole wheat bun or bread and top with cheese – melt in oven or microwave. Eat with veggies and dip or salad.
6) Sandwich on whole grain bread with lots of veggies and cheese/meat
7) Egg in a bread basket
8) High fiber cereal and milk topped with fresh fruit
9) Pasta and tomato sauce, add ground beef/turkey/chicken/Yves veggie ground round.
10) Burgers – have patties (beef/salmon/turkey/veggie) and whole wheat buns on hand in the freezer. Have with salad or veggie sticks.
Are you hungry? In an emergency? The SFU Food Bank gives food to students and their families. Services are private and confidential. Food is offered on a one-time emergency basis or as a helping hand during harder times. You can find the Food Bank in Maggie Benston Centre room 1349, at the Burnaby campus. They are open a variety of hours every semester. They give food to SFU students… because you can’t eat your textbooks!
For more information, check out thier website at: http://students.sfu.ca/foodbank
Need some ideas on what to do with food you picked up from the food bank? Or making a meal from what might already be in your cupboards? Check out One Dish Meals below!