Last week, the SFU Library revealed Summit, its new and improved Institutional Repository. Summit’s overarching goal is to bring together scholarship by SFU researchers in the digital environment.
Why include your work in Summit, you ask? There is a plethora of benefits. Summit:
- Provides a long-term home for your material, and centralized web-based access to SFU scholarly output.
- Accommodates many genres (documents, datasets, images, etc.) and formats (text, audio, video, etc.).
- Ensures copyright retention.
- Makes your material available to all the world. (Google’s harvesters love Summit.)
- Ensures your materials are maintained over time.
…and, perhaps best of all, the Library will do almost all the work for you!
To find out more about Summit, including how to have your material added to Summit and to register for adding material to Summit, please email email@example.com.