Lib Skills Complete : Drop-in Library Research Workshops
Have a research paper to write? Want to save time by learning to do library research more efficiently?
Attend one of our hands-on library research classes to learn how to find the information you need. Reference librarians will demonstrate expert searching techniques and coach you while you practice your new skills. These classes are directed at new and returning students.
Learn how to:
- Find your life lines: research guides, subject librarians and Ask Away service
- Do research from home and get started on your paper
- Use FastSearch and the Library catalogue
- Identify journal article databases that work best for your topic
- Use Academic Search Premier – a multidisciplinary full-text article database
- Refine and focus your search to produce relevant results
- Find materials from known citations
- Request materials that are not available at SFU
- Renew books & check your library record
- Google more effectively, yet more cautiously
Lib Skills Complete are offered at Bennett library in January 2012. Registration is not required. Classes are 50 minutes long and are held in the Instructional Lab (Room 4009) on the 4th floor.