Jerry Li (above right with President Andrew Petter), a TLC learning technology systems consultant, was one of 107 SFU authors honoured by the SFU Library at its annual Celebration of SFU Authors reception on Tuesday (March 20). Jerry co-wrote a chapter on “Using Social Media to Empower Learning Resources Evaluation and Recommendation Across Boundaries” in Social Media Tools and Platforms in Learning Environments, edited by Bebo White et al. The book discusses opportunities and challenges for “Education 2.0” and presents current research on social media in learning environments, addressing both technologies and social factors and policies. It includes many case studies and experience reports. Besides working for the TLC, Jerry is a PhD student in the Educational Technology and Learning Design Program in the Faculty of Education, past president of the Canada-China Society of Science and Technology (2007–2011), and an invited blogger for the Vancouver Sun’s online Chinese edition (taiyangbao.ca/author/jerryli/).
Welcome to Teaching Centre News
- Mark Bachmann on We’re hiring an educational consultant—do you know someone?
- Marc Legacy on We’re hiring an educational consultant—do you know someone?
- Jason on Diversified teaching and learning at FCAT’s event: Leaning into Learning
- Lynda Williams on A game of Twister teaches a lesson at the SFU Open House
- Jason Toal on Investigating Forensics website earns recognition at the Webby Awards
Search TLC News
Headlines from the Teaching and Learning Centre