Some 110 instructors, administrators, and staff members preregistered for the second annual Teaching and Learning Social in the Diamond Alumni Centre on January 30. The event was organized by Christine Kurbis and Heather Hortness of the Teaching and Learning Centre and featured food, speeches, and lots of time for conversation at themed tables (for example, English as an additional language (EAL) and Experiential learning). Guests were welcomed by TLC director Stephanie Chu. President Andrew Petter and Jon Driver, vice-president, academic, also spoke on the importance of teaching and learning in SFU’s effort to enhance the student experience. Read the full story of the reception in SFU’s Teaching and Learning News blog and see Jon Driver’s PowerPoint presentation here.
Welcome to Teaching Centre News
- Mark Bachmann on We’re hiring an educational consultant—do you know someone?
- Marc Legacy on We’re hiring an educational consultant—do you know someone?
- Jason on Diversified teaching and learning at FCAT’s event: Leaning into Learning
- Lynda Williams on A game of Twister teaches a lesson at the SFU Open House
- Jason Toal on Investigating Forensics website earns recognition at the Webby Awards
Search TLC News
Headlines from the Teaching and Learning Centre
Comments are closed.