Canada Revenue Agency continuously strives to educate and inform taxpayers of their rights and responsibilities. They are currently broadening their outreach by incorporating the use of effective technologies and have recently developed some educational tax information webinars that cater specifically to the needs of youth and newcomers to Canada. All webinars are free.
Here are the dates and times as well as the topics covered:
Newcomers to Canada
May 24, 2012 – 1:30 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
June 18, 2012 – 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- • How to file your Income Tax Return as a newcomer
- • Information about your residence
- • Your rights and responsibilities
Students & Income Taxes
May 8, 2012 – 1:30 pm to 2:30 pm
- • About CRA: What CRA does?
- • Getting assistance to file your tax return;
- • Before you get started, do you have to file a tax return?
- • Filing a tax return;
- • Types of income;
- • Common deductions;
- • Non-Refundable Tax Credits;
- • Child and family benefits;
- • Other provincial or territorial credits;
- • References
The general link for Registrations to these (and other) webinars for British Columbia is: www.cra-arc.gc.ca/vnts/bc/menu-eng.html