Employment Workshop for the Spouses, Partners and Families of International Students: Wednesday, February 2ndThursday, January 20th, 2011
Do you have a spouse, common-law partner or family member with you in Canada, who would like to work? Finding employment in an unfamiliar country can be a challenge for international spouses, partners and families; SFU International would like to connect you to the resources and services that are available to you while you are in Canada.
- Date: Wednesday, February 2nd, 2011
- Time: 3:00 – 4:30 PM
- Location: Maggie Benston Centre (MBC) Room 1300/02 (same floor as SFU International)
How to register for this workshop:
(1) Complete the online application form.
(2) Pay your $5.00 registration fee in exact cash to the SFU International front desk (MBC 1200) by 4:00PM on Monday, January 31st. (Please note that without paying the fee, your registration will be considered incomplete and you will not be issued a workshop ticket)
Topics that may be covered include:
- How do international spouses and students find jobs they are qualified for?
- How do I search for jobs in the Canadian job market? How do I access the “hidden job market”?
- What employment services are available to international spouses and students while they are in Canada?
- What to expect from the Canadian job market; what are the expectations while working in Canada?
For more information, contact email@example.com.