Reposted on August 6, for their second call for volunteers.
Terry Lavender and Natalie Funk, graduate students in SFU’s School of Interactive Arts + Technology, are looking for participants in a research study on women, gaming and weight loss. Participants will receive a $50 Amazon.com gift certificate for spending two hours watching demos, playing video games and completing a questionnaire.
You may be eligible if you:
• Are a woman between the ages of 25 and 50
• Are fluent in English
• Like playing casual or social video games
• Are interested in new ways to improve your weight and health
• Are available to travel to SFU Surrey (accessible by SkyTrain and bus)
To register, visit http://wetcoast.org/limesurvey/index.php?sid=85786&lang=en
- Terry’s website
- Terry on LinkedIn
- Terry’s columns in the Vancouver Observer
- Part of Terry’s master’s thesis: Homeless: It’s No Game
- Master’s thesis: Homeless: It’s No Game — Measuring the Effectiveness of a Persuasive Videogame
Update: This post is moving to a new home: [See our new website.]