One of my clients recently remarked that his company had been slow in adopting social media as part of its marketing effort because senior executives thought social media sites were just a “flash the pan” and would fade after just a couple of years.
Some figures worth noting:
- 2 billion YouTube videos will be viewed today
- 150 million people engage with Facebook every month
- 133 million blogs (including this one) are available online
- 110 million Twitter will send and/or receive a tweet today
- 70 million LinkedIn members will use the active networking site
Still not convinced social media is right for you? Consider this. The average social media user has 195 friends. If just 100 people “like” your website on their Facebook stream, they’ll personally recommend it to all their 19,500 friends. That’s how you spin social media clicks into gold.
Our Media Relations and Social Networking course teaches how to use social media to get the word out about their organization in order to build awareness and make new friends.