That, according to Twitter Facts and Figures Report, is what most of the more than 200 million people using Twitter do. Less than 40% of users send conversational tweets and only 9% of all worldwide tweets are passed along.
Five years after the introduction of Twitter we know that of all Twitter users:
- Almost half are between 18 and 34
- More than half don’t have kids
- They occupy all income levels
- About 4% tweet about news
- About 6% use tweets for self-promotion
So, what’s all this pointless, one-sided, 140-character, babble worth? Twitter has a current estimated market value of between $8 -10 billion.
Learn all about Twitter and other social media techniques in the SFU PR Certificate Program.