You’ve done all you can do to prepare for that big interview. You’re professionally dressed, confident and ready to roll. Here are some last minute tips that will ensure you make the best impression possible.
1. First Impressions Count – and this includes the receptionist and front desk staff. Be polite, friendly and use your manners. Negative feedback always gets back to the hiring manager.
2. Cheaters Never Prosper…and neither do liars. Be honest. Statistics show that as many as 60% of applicants fabricate in their resume and/or during the job interview. Don’t be one of them. Conduct your entire job search with honesty and integrity. If we even suspect you may not be telling the truth we probably won’t give you the benefit of the doubt.
3. Relax….a little – a bit of nervousness is good. It shows you really want the job. Too much and you won’t be able to clearly communicate your story.
4. It’s a 2 Way Street – This is your time to shine. Not only are you being interviewed for the job but you are also interviewing the company or organization. Listen closely to the questions; you’ll pick up clues related to the working environment. Ask intelligent questions that will help you determine if the job is the right fit for you.
5. Give Thanks – Don’t forget to send a thank you follow up. It shows the recruiter you’re interested. Even if you don’t get the job you may be considered for future opportunities. Plus, most recruiters network so when a door closes a window may open.